From Wikipedia’s page on uvula:

The palatine uvula, usually referred to as simply the uvula (play /ˈjuːvjələ/), and colloquially as the “hangy ball,”

Hehehe. Is that really the colloquial term for it? I always thought it was more of a desperate descriptor than an actual unofficial term. Why not ‘dangly thing in the back of your throat’? oh wikipedia. you are an endless source of amusement.

I wonder if I can put that on my resume – “read wikipedia for fun”


Published in: on October 12, 2011 at 5:22 am  Comments (1)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

One CommentLeave a comment

  1. hmm, then what’s the colloquial term for ‘testicles?’

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: